Russia is a multinational and multicultural country occupying a vast territory where each region has its exciting history and rich cultural traditions. We want to offer you a memorable train journey around Russia enjoying natural, historical, cultural and confessional diversity of the country.
Starting from the North-West region of Russia with a visit to the splendid St. Petersburg and beautiful Karelia we move to the central part of European Russia and explore vigorous Moscow and ancient Golden Ring towns. Our trip continues to the Volga River, the largest river in Europe, our Mother Volga as Russians call it. We will see this magnificent river twice – in Nizhny Novgorod, the largest city in the Volga region, and later meet it again in Kazan. The train will take you to the Ural Mountains, the oldest mountains in the world bordering Europe and Asia, where we visit Perm town and Kungur ice caves. Returning to the East European plain, we travel to the capital of Tatarstan Republic - Kazan, the city where Orthodox and Muslim cultures elegantly twist together. Finally, we come to the south of Russia and gorgeous mountains in the Northern Caucasus where you will feel the authentic southern culture and life.
Main hightlights of the trip
- Train journey throughout the European part of Russia and the most significant places including Moscow, the capital, and St. Petersburg
- Variety of natural zones from coniferous woods in Karelia and mixed forests in the Moscow region to mountainous regions in the Urals and Caucasus
- Cultural, national and confessional diversity: you will learn about different nations living in Russia and will have a chance to try their national food
- The Volga River, one of the largest rivers in Europe and several cities located on its shores
- Beautiful Russian nature, hospitality, and delicious cuisine
- Perm city and the Ural Mountains, the natural border between Europe and Asia
- See the Caucasus mountain range located between the Black and the Caspian Seas and its – Mt Elbrus, 5,642m, the Top of Europe