The route allows visiting the most interesting places in Karelia and Russian North. We will visit such certain must haves as Valaam and Kizhi but also go off the beaten track to meet local people. During our stay on Solovetsky Island we’ll see that the Solovetsky Archipelago is not just Solovetsky Monastery and political prison camp but also a unique reserve of severe northern nature that makes a mash on you.
Main hightlights of the trip
- A couple of days to see the main attractions of the northern capital – St. Petersburg including trip to Tsarskoe Selo
- Visit one of the most important Orthodox Monasteries on Valaam Island
- Visit a real Karelian village Kinerma and share a meal with local people
- See a fairy-tale looking wooden church on the Kizhi island in the Onega Lake
- See Belomorsk petroglyphs that were made in 4th-3rd centuries B.C.
- Spend 3 days at Solovky Archipelago and admire its severe northern beauty